Saturday, July 20, 2013

Super Saver Saturday


Even small savings can add up!

A few weeks ago I purchased a $10.00 Target gift card for only $5.00 on Groupon Mobile. So, I went to Target today armed with my gift card, coupons, and some time on my hands to see just what I could do there to stretch my hard-earned dollars.

I began by getting a large bag of Pedigree Healthy Weight dog food which is $12.99 at Target. I had a $1.00 off on it. I was just getting started though...

As I wandered around, I noticed an end cap loaded with lots of clearance items. One item that caught my eye was the Glade scented oil plug-ins. I really like these, but they can be expensive, so I don't purchase them very often. Target had a warmer with refill marked down from $4.99 to $4.24 and a four-pack refill down to $3.64. I had a coupon for $1.50 off the warmer with refill, a coupon for $1.00 off the refill pack, AND (icing on the cake!) a Target coupon for $1.00 off when purchasing ANY (love this wording) 2 Glade products. So, I got a total of $3.50 off these items! Many people don't know that coupons can be used on clearance items (some cashiers don't either so you have to nicely ask them to check with the manager at times) and more people don't know that BOTH a manufacturer's coupon and a Target coupon can be used together on the same item. Cha-ching! More savings for you!

I clip coupons when I wait on my son to get done at Kung Fu or while watching television.


I also found a cool plaque to give to my almost son-in-law for Christmas that was originally $10.00 but marked down to $3.00 (this counts as a $10.00 gift by the way).  I like to try to stock up on fun and cool items in advance of the Christmas shopping season. Snagging cool clearance deals like this is one way to do that.

I then grabbed a small can of cat food at 47 cents and $2.00 worth of items from the dollar spot and headed to the check out with coupons in hand, gift card pulled up on my phone, and a smile on my face!

My total before the clearance prices, gift card, and coupons would have been $34.46. I paid $12.45 out of pocket at the store plus the $5.00 I spent a few weeks ago to get the gift card.

If you aren't signed up for Groupon Mobile on your smartphone, I encourage you to give it a try. Every little bit of savings frees your money to go towards other expenses and who can't use that kind of help?

No comments:

Post a Comment