Friday, March 8, 2013

Time Management

I can't believe it is already Friday! The week has gone by in a whirlwind. Writing projects got short shrift, the house is begging to be cleaned, and meal planning has been by the seat of my pants.

I need to get a better handle on my time. ; )

I am out of the house a lot right now- Mondays I leave at 7:15 a.m. with my two youngest sons to head to two different places. We don't get home on Mondays until 9:30 p.m.!

Tuesday we again pour out of the house early (7:30 a..m.) to get my youngest son off to his college  class (he is finishing his senior year of home schooling and is dual enrolled). I then go to tutor a sixth grade home schooled student. We get back home around 4 p.m.

Wednesday I don't usually need to leave early (hallelujah!) but it is a jam packed day. I do an hour or so of a combination of stretch class, yoga, and fitness activities and clean the house. I attend a Bible study Wednesday night. I pick up the college boy at 9:30 p.m. and head home.

Thursday I take this same child back into town for another class (leaving again at 7:30 a.m.) and his brother comes along to get  a ride to his job. I then head to two jobs and we return home finally by 7:00 p.m.

Friday I can sleep in until 7:30 a.m. and enjoy a long, leisurely workout. I love Friday! Hubby and I use Friday to get household and gardening tasks completed. We call this our Friday projects. In warm weather we sit outside together in the front yard enjoying our breakfast and coffee together.

Saturday my middle son and I are off by 9 a.m. to the martial arts and fitness center. Where he is in three different Kung Fu classes plus instructor training and I do child care for the Yoga participants' children.



I have been working at keeping Sunday as a relaxing day. I generally don't work on Sunday, I try to stay home, make an early dinner, read my Bible, and enjoy my family.

So, perhaps part of my time management process needs to be to realize that I am using a lot of my time productively right now and I am getting a lot done. I just think I can always get more done. Once the two youngest boys graduate in May, get their drivers licenses and buy their cars, my life should be more manageable...until I fill the time once again.




No comments:

Post a Comment