Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hanging with the oldies

On Thursday mornings I visit my in-laws for a bit until it is time for me to go to work at 10 a.m. They are both seventy years old and I find their conversations pretty entertaining.

This morning my father-in-law shared the information that the Academy Awards has placed some restrictions on what the actresses can wear to the awards because of the scanty outfits that have been worn over the past few years.

Dad said, "Yeah, like when Jay Leno wore that dress that was showing all the way to her navel."

It took me a second to process this info and I realized that he was a bit confused...

I said, "Dad, I think you mean JLo not Jay Leno."

"Oh, yeah, well I was close," he replied.

I will be laughing about that one all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment