Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Full Time Job- no thanks!

At the end of August 2012, I was let go from a part-time job I had held for seven years. My good friend, for whom I had worked, discovered that she would have to seriously change her lifestyle which caused her to decide to sell her business.

At first, I began looking for a job. I already had another part-time job but it is tied to the school year so when school is out, I do not receive a paycheck. I went on several job interviews. I received an offer for a job that would have caused me a 45 minute commute during rush hour traffic and a six day workweek.

I was not excited about this at all...

My friend had told me about a company called TaskRabbit. It is kind of like Craigslist meets eBay. People who want jobs done post the jobs they will pay a person to do. The person who wants to do the job bids on what they will charge to do the job. The twist is that the TaskRabbits (the workers) are background checked and approved by TaskRabbit so people have peace of mind when hiring a TaskRabbit.

I have met some really wonderful folks through my TaskRabbit jobs. I generally have at least two jobs through the service each week. I arrange these jobs around my life, instead of arranging my life around my work.

I have recently decided that I am enjoying this new lifestyle so much that I am not going to pursue a full-time job after all.

I encourage you to check it out and get $10 off your first task posting by using my code:

https://taskrabbit.com/PAL/362004

No comments:

Post a Comment